Were you injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Houston? If so, you could be entitled to recover compensation for damages you incurred due to the crash. Whether you were injured as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle or were hit by a rideshare driver, you have the opportunity to hold the at-fault party accountable through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
The Houston rideshare accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Willie Powells III have the knowledge and experience to thoroughly investigate the accident that caused your injuries, determine liability, collect evidence to prove your case, document and calculate losses you suffered, negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and even take your case to civil court if necessary.
Rideshare accidents are more complex than regular car accidents. If you were injured in an Uber accident or a Lyft accident, you will need to determine who was at fault for the accident. The at-fault driver will be responsible for compensating you.
Uber and Lyft’s accident policies are dependent on the driver’s status at the time of the crash. For example, if an Uber driver hits you and is off the clock or not logged into the Uber app, you would file a claim against the driver’s personal liability insurance policy. However, if the driver has accepted a ride or is on a ride, then you would file a claim against Uber’s third-party liability policy of up to $1 million.
To determine which entity is liable for compensating you, you should consult with one of our experienced rideshare accident attorneys about the details of your case.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you might be able to recover compensation for:
- Present and future medical expenses related to your injuries, including hospital bills, rehabilitative care, surgery costs, medication expenses, and more.
- Lost income if you cannot return to work because of your injuries
- Lost earning ability if you cannot perform all of your job duties because the accident left you temporarily or permanently disabled
- Vehicle damage if you were hit by the rideshare driver
- Pain and suffering, including physical pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of quality of life, and PTSD.
Contact the Houston Uber accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Willie Powells III today to evaluate your legal options. Our attorneys have what it takes to help you seek the compensation you are entitled to. We offer a free, no-risk consultation to all prospective clients.