Large commercial 18-wheelers carry an enormous amount of weight, and when they are traveling at moderate to high speeds, the danger for collision is immense. An accident involving a smaller vehicle can be deadly, or at the very least, cause significant bodily harm and property damage. For this reason, the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) has created truck regulations for vehicle maintenance, speed and driver sobriety to help prevent accidents. That doesn’t mean that truck drivers always obey the regulations, however. Many truck drivers attempt to increase the number of runs they complete by driving faster, putting others on the road at risk.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by a truck driver ignoring regulations, you may be eligible for compensation. Call Willie Powells today to fight for the most favorable settlement possible.
What are some of the most common trucking regulations?
Trucking companies are notorious for trying to avoid fault when it comes to accidents. They often hire a team of aggressive lawyers that set out to invalidate your claims. That’s why it’s so important to fight back with a powerful attorney such as Willie Powells who knows how to handle cases involving trucking regulation violations. Willie can gather evidence that the trucker violated one or several of the following regulations:
- All vehicles must adhere to rigorous safety and maintenance standards
- Drivers must not engage in texting or any other kind of smartphone usage
- Trucks must not carry a load that is heavier than the legal limits and the load must be properly secured
- Drivers must carry the proper commercial license for operating their vehicle
- Drivers must take regular breaks and cannot be on the road longer than is specified
- Drivers must be free from drugs and alcohol while driving
- Drivers must comply with rules regarding the transport of hazardous materials
- Drivers must be properly trained and meet the physical requirements for operating their vehicle
How can a truck regulation violations lawyer help?
Truckers must show evidence of their compliance with trucking regulations in the form of documentation. If they have failed to comply in any way, Willie Powells can use this information to build a strong, viable case for you and recover the damages you deserve. He will go through the driver logs, investigate company records, and delve into whether the truck driver caused an accident through negligence or intoxication. You can count on Willie Powells to get to the bottom of the matter and reward you for your pain and suffering, property damage, personal injury and lost wages.