According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were 4,696 fatal crashes involving large trucks or buses across the country in 2019.
Houston has had its own share of bus crashes as well. There was a fatal Houston Metro bus accident in September 2021 that killed the vehicle passenger and injured the drivers of the vehicle and bus. There was also recently a Houston school bus accident that killed two students and injured others.
If you were injured in a bus accident, the Houston-based lawyers at The Law Offices of Willie Powells III can help. We have the necessary skills and experience to help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their negligence. If you choose to work with us, we will:
- Investigate the cause of the bus accident
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Estimate the damages you incurred
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Fight your case out in court if necessary.
Bus accidents, like large truck accidents, can be somewhat complex to investigate since there may be multiple liable parties and multiple insurers. Apart from the bus driver, other potentially responsible parties include the bus company, a third-party maintenance company, parts manufacturers, and others. You will need the help of an attorney to identify all liable parties and all potential sources of compensation.
Depending on the circumstances of your case and the losses you suffered, you might be eligible to claim compensation for:
- Present and future medical expenses, such as hospital bills, physical therapy expenses, surgical costs, and more.
- Lost income if you cannot work while you are being treated for your injuries.
- Lost earning ability if you became disabled after the accident and cannot perform all of your regular job duties.
- Property damage, such as vehicle repairs or replacement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by the accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages, in rare cases
If you were injured in a bus accident, contact the attorneys at The Law Offices of Willie Powells III today for a free, no-risk consultation.