18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Big Rig Wreck Houston
Were you injured in an 18-wheeler accident? If so, you could be entitled to recover compensation for losses you suffered as a result of the crash. Big rig accidents tend to result in devastating injuries and catastrophic property damage, and you shouldn’t be responsible for any costs if you didn’t contribute to the accident.
Truck accidents can be challenging to investigate because there may be multiple liable parties and multiple insurance companies to deal with. Some of the liable parties in a big rig wreck include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck owner
- A third-party maintenance company
- Cargo loaders
- Parts manufacturers
To determine liability, you’ll need to show that the truck driver (or another liable party) had a duty of care to prevent you from being harmed, that they breached that duty through negligence, that their negligence led directly to the accident that caused your injuries, and that you suffered quantifiable losses due to the accident.
Because truck accidents can be so complex, it is critical to secure legal representation to help you with your case. The team at The Law Offices of Willie D. Powells III can handle every aspect of your case while you focus on your recovery. If you choose to work with us, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Document and calculate the losses you suffered
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- Take your case to trial if necessary
If you were injured in a large truck accident, you might qualify to claim compensation for:
- Present and future medical expenses related to your injuries
- Lost wages if you are unable to work while you recover
- Lost earning potential if you become disabled and are unable to carry out all of your job functions
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress, mental anguish, and physical pain
If you were involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact The Law Offices of Willie D. Powells III today for a free, no-risk consultation to discuss your case and review your options.