Houston Multiple Car Accident
Were you injured in an accident involving multiple vehicles? If so, you could be entitled to recover compensation for losses you suffered due to the accident. Multi-car accidents have the potential to cause devastating injuries and property damage. You deserve the chance to hold the person who caused the accident accountable for their negligence.
Multi-car accidents are typically caused by driver negligence. Drivers can be negligent in a variety of ways, including:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or intoxicated driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Fatigued driving
If you were injured by a negligent driver who caused a multi-car pileup, you could pursue compensation from the at-fault driver through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. To bring a successful claim, you’ll need to demonstrate that the driver is liable for the multiple-car accident. There are four main elements of liability:
- You need to show that the driver owed you a duty of care to prevent you from coming to harm.
- You need to show that the driver breached that duty through some form of negligence, like distracted driving or drunk driving.